Trasplante de plantas de fresa

Trasplante de plantas de fresa

Buenas, este es un post de prueba pero sobre una temática diferente a la que quería manejar originalmente en este blog experimental.

Hace algún tiempo, un buen amigo mio a quien también le gusta la horticultura me regaló un par de plantas de fresa las cuales después de ya 8 meses requerían de un traspase a una maceta más grande y con sustrato rico en materia orgánica.

Recién llegadas

Al principio preferí no moverlas a otro contenedor dado que estaban muy jóvenes y quise evitar a toda costa dañarlas.
3 semanas después era evidente el desarrollo de ambas.

En julio, se notaba bastante que tener 2 plantas juntas en una maceta tan pequeña se volvería un problema más adelante:

Sacarlas de esa maceta fue todo un reto puesto que la tierra se encontraba muy compacta y las raíces sumamente entretejidas. Con algo de paciencia y cuidado, fue posible lastimarlas muy poco y separarlas:

A la más grande le dejé una maceta larga pero no muy profunda:

 

Mientras que a la chica la volví a poner en la maceta original, obviamente con nuevo sustrato:

 

Queda esperar a ver su desarrollo ahora que ambas están en macetas individuales con más espacio para enraizar y en un sustrato más suelto que el original adicionado con composta casera!

Arduino-based Weather Station

Arduino-based Weather Station

This is a post I made at the now almost extinct Wunderground blogs where I briefly describe one of my summer 2016 projects which consisted in refurbishing an old Davis Instruments weather station. Before Wunder Blogs disappear completely, I want to save this and use it as a first “real” post here. Later on I will do a proper entry and explain all the details regarding this setup and its whereabouts.

Personal Weather Station reporting as IZAPOPAN15 is a refurbished Davis Vantage Pro Plus + 24HR FARS working under Arduino + WizNet Ethernet shield. Original Davis ISS board was damaged and the console went missing long ago, that’s why I decided to run an Arduino as the new ISS board plus direct network connection capability for a very low price.

Here a picture of the Arduino ISS box during an in site code update:

 

wx-station-arduino-code-upload

 

For the code, I heavily modified the one found here: cactus.io and added my own functions as well in order to adapt it to the current sensor suite available and of course my own needs. Thanks to Davis sensors documentation I was able to make most of the sensors work again and adjust their output values. For calibration I relied on the data reported from other 3 Davis VP2+ stations installed in the city. Data seems consistent since last calibration.

The station code is updated regularly to debug some issues or improve the Arduino performance.